View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #705
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
So as i mentioned earlier, i have the FiTech Power Adder EFI system that i tired some time ago and after a short run with it, i moved over to a full blown out LS motor (This is in my 1969 C10). But, after reading your posts and a few others, i think that i am going to go with the Holly 4150 EFI kit. Few reasons are customer service and working knowledge of the company, ease of use and maintenance, looks and well if i am going to do this i want to install a spot in the customer center console to store the little computer interface module so i can see the parameter of what is going on at any time. I only want to do this once, and the Fitech and Holly units are not the same. So, God willing my Harley sells this Friday (hate it but due to past back and neck issues, it must go) i will have the extra funds to just buy the unit. I have the EFI pump in the tank already, so..... Fuel regulator and off i go.... LOL
I feel you! I hated pulling the Fitech. I had high hopes and it would never run right on my truck. In hindsight, if I ever (when) I put a new or rebuilt engine in another vehicle, I won't buy the EFI until I am ready to fire it up. My warranty wa up before I ever turned the key. There should be a built in hour counter or something that they can tell when it was used for the first time or how many hours it has on the unit for warranty issues.

I really like the Holley. It fires up every time without pumping the gas. The IAC is steady in the range it should be in 2-10%. I like the handheld on the Holley better too. I am thinking of making a holder for it that will fold under the dash and I can fold it down when I want to with a hinge or something or put it in an ashtray... I didn't trust the Fitech so I always have the handheld out, I am ready for the day I don't really need to look at it. I am getting close!

I thought about putting a carb on the truck, but since I had run the fuel lines and had an in tank fuel pump, I just bit the bullet and went with the Holley...I am glad I did!

Is your Fitech still under warranty?
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote