View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #96
88Stanger

Re: 1968 C10 Stepside Restoration Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C10 Driver View Post
I have one little bit of work to do before I epoxy prime the interior of the cab. This is that area inside the cab that is opposite of the cowl drainage area. For some reason that side rusted badly, the passenger side not at all.

Not sure why the photo is upside down, but you can see that this will be a challenge being where it is.
That is really a weird place for rust if you ask me. I have seen it in alot of other places, places I just fixed, but not sure i have ever seen it here. At least it is fixable and not really visible to everyone.
I plan to coat the entire inside of the cab floor, dash wall and behind the dash and such with Por 15. I bought 3 quarts some time ago from Summit, it showed up with one having a slight puking episode and got all over the other 2. I called summit and they just sent me 3 more, so now i have 5+ quarts so i will do all the inside in it, cowl area, and such for protection.
It is great to watch someone build their ride at about the same place i am. I am not doing much right now to mine due to our heat being well over 100 here for the next 5 days or so, with Monday being over 110! ya, i have AC in shop but not enough to correct that heat... so i am watching others build theirs for a week or so ... lol
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote