View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 11:19 PM   #71
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

I decided that it's best for my budget to just stick with the donor parts plan. The fancy suspension parts can always be swapped in later. The front lower control arms to fit the kit are NOT your basic mustang parts so I would either have to modify aftermarket ones to work or buy the factory five pieces at $550, so nope. I ordered new bushings and ball joints and I'm doing those myself with my latest tool purchase, a HF 20 ton press!

BTW, punching out those A arm bushings, with a press, not so easy. Dicking around with various pieces of tubing to fit, with the awkward shape. Not fun at all. Not using the press for those was even worse. Anyway, they are ready to get cleaned up, modified for the coilovers and painted. I need the lower rear shock mounts for the modification so I'll be looking at dropping the mustang axle out soon.

I did get the plug changed on my oven and that works. Some powder coating supplies are on the way so I can do my first pieces. I picked up the HF PC gun the other day.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote