View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 09:39 PM   #5
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Lowering and Towing with a Dually

On my C20 Camper special I got almost a 2" drop. What you have to do is measure the overload pack to determine drop since different packs will be different thickness.

You won't get sag unless your Running heavy all the time. On my C20 before mods it took something like 2500 pounds to sag the springs 1 inch. After mods it was closer to 750 for 1 inch. But it rode better, and helper bags would of fixed that.

Depending on what your goals are a axle flip can be a good mod. For traction, and especially wheel hop it holds a advantage. When I modded my C20 I used long F150 3 inch wide springs i got for free. I had to custom up some frame mounts. So it was flipped axle, and shackle flip. With it I could bomb around dirt roads, and it was quite nice.

But C30's have short springs which help control heavy loads better then my longer spring C20 could hope to. Much less the even longer F150 springs i added. A factory C30 rode jerky even compared to my CS C20, and both are not as nice as a heavy duty C10 or light duty C20.

So for anything to be better it all depends on the standards to which better is determined.

You need to decide what you want the truck to do, and height at which you want it to sit. Then you can determine the best ways to cheat the results to your desires.

As for not wanting to notch the frame I get it if your going to work the truck hard. Otherwise notch it, and drop it to the height you sound like you may really want. Just weld in some reinforcement plates.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote