View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #10
SCOTI

Re: Lowering and Towing with a Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android04 View Post
Good looking truck and thank you for the info as well. I have everything to do the helpers, so I may go ahead and plan for that. Have you ever had any issues with the rear end moving with the flip kit?

Been doing some more reading, and from the sounds of it anything over a 4" drop needs C-Notch, so I'm guessing I may be stuck doing one. I love these big a$$ trucks though. So fun!
On my dually, I originally purchased a flip kit for the rear & C-sections. But when doing the math, there was only 8-9" between the top of the axle tube & bottom of the frame rail so I knew even w/the C-sections I would be close @ the rail & closer @ the bed floor. I opted to do a rear stepped-rail kit (from Porterbuilt), 4-bar setup w/bags, & raise the floor. Night & day difference in ride quality loaded or not. Oddly, the rail kit didn't cost much more vs. the bolt-in C-section I originally got (Wester Chassis).

I now have another tow pig ('99 OBS CC SWB). I purchased a flip kit for this one as well but will add lift shackles to add a little height back into the mix. I'll add an AOL set-up (home built) for trailer duty needs. The math says I should yield a 5/7 drop when all the parts are combined which prob would have worked on my Square as well & been easier.

My standard suggestions to C20/C30 owners wanting to do typical bolt-in C-sections:
Find someone who does an under bed notch that has more beef to the brackets vs. a Belltech or Western Chassis standard bolt-in c-section.... especially if you keep the leafs & tow. That's a lot of stress on that section of frame for it to only be 2" tall.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-28-2020 at 09:47 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote