Thread: tuba trucks
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #664
clemdaddy

Re: tuba trucks

Hi JB,
We'll be glad to get your lil' hotrod truck back in here and hopefully get her finished.
I agree with you on the sound of a rumblin' V8, nothing like it. We had a hot 350 and turbo 400 in the E-20 but when we sold it and found out what the new owner was going to do... it sounded like a good thing. We pulled the gas motor and finished out the patina work. Marc came up from Austin and did a 3D scan of the engine compartment to build the battery trays and plan out what else he needed us to do. Really the further we got in to it, the more it made sense. Besides it's always good to team up with your buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFiveJelly View Post
Looking forward to getting my old lady back to Clem's shop in the next month or two. One more big push and with any luck she'll be thundering down the road under her own power soon!

Super cool to covert one of these trucks to electric. I'm hoping to pass my truck on to my kids some day and have just been daydreaming. I figure it'd be ready for another refresh after a few decades and maybe a good time to convert it to electric. Electric vehicles are great and I see the advantages, but I'd sure miss that rumble of all all 8 cylinders!

p.s. If anyone gets a chance to get by Tuba Trucks, I highly recommend it. If you're a fan of 60-66 C10s, this place is a must.

J. B.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote