View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 09:40 AM   #20
sameyeam

Re: 72 Chevy K20 Wrecker restoration

Did some work on the truck last night. I think we are about ready to pull the cab. Might pull some stuff out of it first like the seat and the doors as I think I am gonna re use both. Anyone ever put the patch panels on the bottom of the doors? My drivers side seems good but the passenger side is rotted but LMC shows several door patch panels that I am considering trying. Also last night I was looking at the front leaf springs and unfortunately I don't have any pics to post right now but the front leafs seem to either be sagged out or I just don't know what a set of front leafs actually look like. The have no U shape to them. They are either flat or slightly "convexed" for lack of better term. What is your guys opinion? They seem to have spring left in them the little that I can get them to budge by bouncing on the front cross member. I'm gonna get the cab off and take to power washing everything and see if that reveals anything new. Might also have a conversation with the spring shop to see what they think.
Anyways will post pics soon and especially when the cab is coming off. thanks for following along
2007 Pontiac Vibe (daily)
sameyeam is offline   Reply With Quote