View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 12:28 AM   #72
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

there's nothing too exciting to report today.i still have to marry up my engine to the transmission and have it make it's way back into my truck and that will happen in the next couple of days.the new rad core i ordered is in at the rad shop,i'll get that picked up in the next few days.i still have some small parts to get ready,not to thrilling but has to be done.i did get the 3 beat up hubcaps i've found,cleaned up and looking as good as i can make them look,not great or even good but better than nothing for now.headlight rings are cleaned and polished,ready to re-install.i had a bunch of clips that were dipped in plastic from the factory,all needing re-done and they are,i have the heat stove from the exhaust manifold repaired and repainted,the fender emblems re-painted and today polished the chrome now that the paint has dried.i spent several hours cleaning grease,oil, and dirt from one front fender and hood hinge,the other tomorrow,as i say not exciting work but has to be done and i wanted all that stuff done before i start to re-install the engine and trans,i don't want to have to stop to clean something.i want that part of this done,so progress just the same.engine campartment decals arrived,waiting on GM heater hose and more Wittek clamps.yesterday after i discovered the end of the harness that attaches to the kickdown switch on the side of the turbo 400 was in poor shape,i got a new one ordered and it's on the way now from American Autowire.it'll all come together.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote