View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #49
70k52wd
Blaze-Air

Re: Project "Vertically Challenged"

I Think all the complicated stuff is done. After all the metal shavings I've swept up off the floor, removed from my clothes, hands, and places you would never believe; The Blazer is being put back together.

I am running airlines right now, but that is about all I can do for the moment.

I still need lower control arms. They should be here by next Friday.

I will hopefully have a Porterbuilt swaybar within the next 3 weeks or so, still working on that. When I get the control arms, I can then assemble front end, then get the AirPod installed. I need to get new brake lines, get my drive shaft cut down an inch, and other things will pop up to keep me busy. If I were to take at shot at a time frame to be complete, I would guess within 4-5 weeks. The weather has been real nice, so 4-5 weeks is feeling like a looonnng time to me.

Oh yea, BTW, The rear airbag upper bolts are a fun task to tighten up. NOT. I have fat hands, and that was a real b ouch, until I got the right tool for the job.

I got the wrench at Lowes. Best 10 dollars I ever spent. It took about 10sec per bolt with the wrench. I will carry it where ever I go in Blazer.
I was thinking an extra airbag(at least on road trips)might be a good idea to carry also, kinda like a spare tire. After all, isn't that what the console is for, tools and spare parts.

I'll post more pics when I get stuff done.
70k52wd is offline   Reply With Quote