View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #38
mr48chev

Re: Short Bed VS Long Bed Fleet Value

Traditionally I think short bed trucks do command a higher price than equal long bed trucks but with fully restored to show room original trucks I think the spread is narrowing. In this area there are still a good number of longbed trucks that are pretty nice in daily use.
I doubt seriously that very many of the guys who frequent this board who are serious truck guys really ever give much thought as to the resale value of their efforts unless it comes up when they are calculating insurance values. That doesn't mean that we don't seek out the best deals on quality parts and do serious price shopping. It's that we just don't sit down at the outset and tell ourselves that we have to stay within certain guidelines because if we don't we won't be able to make a profit if we resell it.
Most often the reason that guys here sell their trucks is to finance the next project planning on making it just a bit better than the last project but I doubt that many of them have shown a serous profit or made day wages for their labor in the project. It is after all our hobby and the driving passion for many of the group. At my age I'm no way near as obsessed with cars and trucks as I was 30 years ago when I would put in 30 or 40 hours a week working on the truck after work and on weekends every week.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote