Thread: New Guy from TX
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
golfandcars

New Guy from TX

Wanted to stop in here and introduce myself, I actually joined the site several months back but only recently have I been able to post for some odd reason.

Back in July I purchased a 72 C10 longbed, my grandfather had a 72 two tone orange and white when i was little and i absolutely loved that truck so i decided that i was going to get one for myself. I couldnt locate one identical to his so this one is two tone blue and white. It has a 350 and automatic transmission. It is a patina truck, the major rust issues have been repaired and the whole truck has been cleared over the patina. Overall it is very solid.

It has a relatively fresh crate engine, new carb and radiator and the rear suspension has air bags. The previous owner used it for towing and would actually jump his horse up in the back of the truck to haul it around. My goal is to spruce it up a bit and use it as my daily driver, my plan for it has changed 5 times since i got it and i am still not sure where i am headed with it overall.

There are some things that need to be done regardless of what direction i am heading with it so i started buying parts back in July, the biggest of which is getting functioning AC, its a necessity in TX. The truck has factory air but it is non functioning and is missing some parts, rather than trying to get it up and running, i bit the bullet and purchased the vintage air kit. It was supposed to ship in August, then mid September and now it is supposed to ship tomorrow but i am not holding my breath. On top of that i have also ordered the following parts:

- New Headers and full exhaust system
- New rubber brake lines
- Full front suspension rebuild parts
- bushings for rear suspension
- new shocks all around
- new door seals, window seals, tracks, etc.
- new door hardware parts
- full wiring harness to rewire the entire truck with modern fuse box
- some rebuild parts for the guts of the steering column
- rear diff cover seal
- new tailgate (truck didnt come with one)
- New brake master (took the cap off a couple nights back and it is rusty and bone dry, not taking chances on brakes)

i am probably forgetting some things but that is the high points.

I am pretty experienced working on cars, you name it i have done it but everything i have owned and worked on has been 1990 or newer. I am clueless with carbs beyond a weed eater or a dirt bike and have never really owned an American car so i am absorbing a lot of information here. So far i am loving it though.

You guys are going to have to be patient with me as i learn my way around these trucks.
Attached Images

golfandcars is offline   Reply With Quote