View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 11:23 AM   #5
Ironhorse

Re: WTB: 1964 C10 V8 Thermostat housing

Actually found TWO thermostat housings, one aluminum and one cast iron. Been playing with cars and trucks since the early 70s so have accumulated a fair amount of the older stuff. The cast aluminum housing is in good useable condition with the normal and very light pitting. It is marked #3737223 cast in the lower outer edge. Fits SBC / BBC 1955-1966 Corvette, full size passenger and truck applications. The cast iron housing is marked W1453 and is a direct early after market auto parts house replacement for the same range of years. Both have a nice flat bottom mounting area, no cracks and good bolt holes.

Not the lesser chrome after market housings offered today. I do deal a bit in the early tri-five Chevys as I have a restored '57 two door and since both are correct for those years am pricing choice of either at $35 shipped, money order payment as I do not have a Paypal account. If not wanting either at that price, understand, but they do fit the earlier GM offerings and I am firm at that price. No harm, no foul if you decide to pass, totally understand.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote