View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 07:59 AM   #1
WadmalawJoe

69 Disc Brake Conversion 8/22

I’ve been reading through the countless threads on disc brake conversion and hoping to make a new up to date thread to help others as well as myself!
So for starters my son and I bought a 69 C10 that’s pretty much all original except the previous owner moved the shifter from the column to the floor.
My son will use this truck as his daily driver once we have the brakes updated to front disc brakes and the steering tightened up. So I want the brakes working great.
What I am looking for is the most complete kit or at least some help putting one together.
I plan on keeping the 6 lug pattern, the rims aren’t original, I’m thinking they’ll fit over the disc brake calipers, if not new rims are on the wish list anyway.
Maintaining stock ride height, ( may eventually replace coil springs to make sure its up where it should be and not sagging. )
So the kit for the spindles and calipers sounds simple enough.
However, what about adding power brakes/master cylinder? That’s where things seem to be all over the place.
I get it needs vacuum for the booster, a fitting from the intake to the booster with a check valve.
Brake lines, I’m thinking of replacing ALL of them with a stainless steel kit, so I should get a kit for a 71-72 as they came with front disc brakes?
Which master cylinder w/booster & correct proportional valve should I get?
I saw a company everyone seemed to call ECE was highly recommended but, they’re no longer in business. What other companies have you had good success with? I am looking for quality, dependability, not bargain shopping. Being able to consistently stop quick is relatively important in my book.
Thanks for everyone’s time!

My youngest son and I picked up a 69 Chevy C-10 on 1/7/22, this is my second 69, it was 10 years ago that I had my other one. So I’m back!!!
WadmalawJoe is offline   Reply With Quote