View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 01:20 PM   #36
Denee007

Re: '72 Ford Bronco resto

omg, let's catch up!! where did two months go!!!

Here was just more test fitting/trimming to make these darned floor pans fit.

I found that the aftermarket door post(A pillar) are not made to perfection and caused me a lot of grief getting the door to fit, but I finally came to a compromise and it should be ok.

Here I was/am satisfyed with that darned body line. That's an after market door skin, my first and it actually came out pretty good

Here, I'm just saying HI! The bed is connected and welded into place, no going back now.

I kind of got these out of order, but you'll figure it out I broke down and bought a new windshield frame (500bucks). This poor bronco was a rust bucket

I was having difficulty fitting this new grill to the fenders, especially while on the body. I found it's much easier to put it all together and mount as a single unit, but I had to put it on, take it off a few times.

Why they had to use a piano hinge is beyond me!

Not long ago, couple weeks, I disassembled the seats which were in the Bronco, they're very rusty. I'll have em sandblasted, but look for options regarding replacement seats.

Just a couple days ago, after being ok with the body lines and fitment, it was time to remove the body. I think this is how I'll be painting this Bronco. The lift goes high enough to get underneath and adjustable to paint everywhere else~ so that will be good!

Looks like a Bronco??

The Maxjax is such a fantastic tool! I lifted the body off the frame and that's where the body will be for the next however long.

I was informed on the Bronco forum that in order to have aftermarket AC, I need to modify the cowl on the passenger side. I was kind of happy about it as I didn't know what I was going to do about it.
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/th...5#post-3420643

I'm making the top removable as I was told to to have access to the top of the evaporator case(which I havent' bought yet)

Though not finished, this is how it will be. Just need to finish this up today I hope

I apologize for not keeping up~ I promise to better!
dne'
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote