View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: New old chevy owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jraeyre View Post
I have just entered the wonderful World of heavy steel and have enjoyed reading many threads on this site. I am the proud owner of a 1971 C30 dually dump and am letting my mechanic do the initial pass inspection/roadworthy work.

I am looking forward to rebuilding this truck to it's prime and using it for work and fun.

This truck was a "fix to use it today" truck for years when we bought it and I am woefully unfamiliar with sourcing what I need as my previous job required more dependable with warranty wheels.

My Mechanic called yesterday with news on "Blue". He says he needs a steering column (it's loose) and a heater box. I know there are after market sources, but I wondered what was the best way (not necessarily cheapest as I plan to keep this truck forever) and what is a good source.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jra

The steering column from any '68-'72 Chevy or GMC pickup will work on your '71. If it's just the upper & lower bearings in the column they may be available from NAPA or one of the automotive chain stores in your area.

The steering box from the same '68-'72 will fit your truck just fine.(not 4 wheel drive) If your truck doesn't have it, power steering is a nice upgrade, as mentioned above.

Welcome to the board!!

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote