View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #14
Jraeyre

Re: New old chevy owner

After 6 months at the mechanics I chose to rescue it and bring it home to work on. He did get the lights to pass inspection and told my wife he couldn't believe I was planning to drive this on the road.

Okay, so now it is in my shop and we did a full inspection. Already has power steering, steering box leak some fluid, brake master has a front leak and the booster has a vacuum leak. My dad went through and did a full fluid check and fluids look good, minor leaks, but sound in general.

Now, my dad could not find a check plug on the back of the rear differential so he went to the front and found a hex head. He loosened it and pulled it out and at that point realized it was a stud and not a plug. It is about 3 inches long and has a steel pad on the end that looks to press against something. He put it back and looked harder and found the check plug. I now have oil leaking from the front of the differential.

How bad is this??

This truck appears to have suffered from use neglect, but I plan to keep it and want to get it back to driving condition. It has lots of little problems that I can't wait to work on.

Jra
Jraeyre is offline   Reply With Quote