Thread: 65 c20 revival
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 12:03 PM   #1
SpudWrench

65 c20 revival

Bought this truck in pieces, some photos are from when i picked it up. Since buying, I've painted the frame and front suspension in POR15. I am having a hell of a time trying to re install the front coils with a common spring compressor (no weight on frame). So think I'm going to order a 3/4 drop spring 1" front and 3" rear from gmc paul after he replies to my email. Any body have pics of that specific drop from gmcpaul for 3/4ton? While i wait im gonna move to the rearend. Think im just going to change fluid and reseal the eaton. The front end has been nearly reassembled just need to install springs. I picked up a 72 8lug disk complete member for 100 bucks. After i repainted and rebuilt my drums front suspension already of course, so ill probably do that later if i decide its worth it. all new polyurathen bushings all the way around. moog steering and suspension parts. Repacked front bearings but changed seals, shoes, turned drums. Has a 283/420 combo and was told its in great working condition , im inclined to believe the seller since the truck is an absolute dime so i think ill just clean it up and re utilize. Seller had other plans for truck originally, believe he was going to cut and swap to 5 or 6 lug. i just cant bring myself to do that to this rig. 8 lugs are cool right?
Attached Images

SpudWrench is offline   Reply With Quote