View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:21 PM   #20
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Rear Bumper Bolt Pattern Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
I think your on the right track using the 2wd front hole them making a new hole in the bracket at the rear. 2wd leaf spring bracket has to be all on its own or...

Maybe blazer is the same. 72 blazers inner bracket is part of the frame so that doesn't count.
Blazer behind the wheel is the same length as short bed trucks.
4wd blazers are leaf spring.
I wonder if they have the same length leaf spring as your 2wd truck, you could measure your spring length and compare to 4wd blazers, if it matches then a blazer bracket could be the same.

The folded relief at the top of the 2wd bracket is to clear the last bed bolt so you will have to cut the bracket like a 4wd one or use an open ended wrench to install the last bed bolt.
I think the clearance for the rear bed bolt would actually improve. The link above demonstrates why, post 14. Push his bracket forward the 3/10" difference and the bolt is more better centered with the slot.

I'm on-board altering the coil spring brackets, but I have better than a year to score the right brackets.

Blazers huh........hmmmm, I had the impression they took the longer "4x4" inner brackets. Better than 25 years since I pulled the old brackets from a wrecking yard, but memory says I pulled them off a burnt orange blazer, and they're the longer brackets. I didn't install them, I hired some guys to pull the step bumper and install the brackets. It was sloppy, but what can you do with the wrong ones, and at least they didn't drill through the frame. Soon after I bent up the new bumper installing it
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote