View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 12:27 AM   #6
RustyBucket

Re: Motor Plate Guys

I'm pretty sure I had end clearance on the driveshaft. The motor plate was sandwiched between the transmission and engine. It extended out to the either side and bolted to brackets welded to the subframe rails. The engine's side mounts were solidly bolted to the subframe. I tried both solid and rubber trans. tailshaft to crossmember mounts. It had welded subframe connectors, ladder bars, coil overs & a track bar. It launched hard but with a weird twist, driver side/up pass. side down. I'm old & got frustrated with it. $10Gal. race gas, load the trailer, tow to the track, unload, tear it up, load it up, tow it home, spend $$.... Decided I liked cruising to car shows in an old truck & sitting in the shade in a lawn chair deciding where we were gonna eat.
Current toy trucks:
'71 GMC 1500 SUPER CUSTOM short/step, orig. dk. blue, 350/700r, ps,pb, A/C
'72 Blazer 2wd, ochre & white, 454, tremecTKO 500 5spd. ps, pb, A/C, tilt

Last 10yrs of hobby vehicles, had a FEW more in the 50yrs. before these:
'66 Plymouth Belvedere City of Miami cop car clone.
'70 Nova 406"sb, 13.5-1, solid roller, Brodix, p.glide/t.brake, back halved, 9" Ford, spool 4.88, cage,ladder bar/coilover, 10.5 tire....... SOLD!!
'67 C10 short/step side mount spare -- SOLD!!
'72 Jimmy 2wd, 350/350, ps, pb, fun driver, lots of bondo & a shiny red paint job..... SOLD!!
'69 Nova 350, 4spd, A/C, ps, p.b, ...SOLD!!
RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote