Thread: 47-55.1 garage pics
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 02:47 AM   #2
mr48chev

Re: garage pics

It depends a lot on how much work you intend to do in it and what equipment you you need to have places for. I'd snag a legal file cabinet or two from Habitat when they have some decent ones in. That's the kind that open on the side rather than the end and many have doors that lift up and roll in so they aren't in the way. power hand tools and larger tools that won't fit in the tool box can be neatly stored in them and kept out of sight when the garag door is open. I've got heavy duty file cabinets that I bought from a GSA auction and picked up at the Spokane social security office to store parts for projects. They are just an inexpensive way to store garage stuff, keep it organized and keep it out of sight.

i don't like bench grinders on a bench, I'd far rather have them on a stand that I can move back aganst the wall and pull out if I want to use it. On the bench they get the becnh dirty and get in the way.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote