View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #123
dsraven

Re: 59 Apache - Lifelong obsession

not the greatest pic but shows what I did for a trans cross member. it is able to slide fore and aft in case a driveline change is done later. it probably does still need to be braced a bit better to the top rail area. I suggest to get the engine at the angle you want, then block the trans there, install a mount on the trans and then connect the dots with tubing of some sort. I used square but thats because I had some laying around. also, if you leave room below the mount and the cross member, you can use a shim under the mount to get the exact angle you want, in case the trans needs to come down at some point. the shim(s) can be removed but if the cross member is too high then you need to do a bunch of work to fix it for the correct angle. I would probably move the cross member, directly behind the trans, forward to stiffen the frame closer to the cab mounts and also for reinforcement of the trans cross member. I have other fish to fry at the moment though. hopefully that helps getting you thinking
Attached Images

dsraven is online now   Reply With Quote