View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #30
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

It was now time to address the cabs rust. For years I took pride in what I thought was a "rust free" truck. Probably 10 years ago I noticed a few small holes in the rocker panel where the sill plate meets. I took the seat out and sill plates off and cleaned it up while looking for the extent of the damage. There wasn't enough there to upset me so I took the easy approach. I happened to have quite a bit of left over fiberglass mat and resin left over from a previous project, so I slapped a layer over all the holes I could find and went forward. Fast forward to 2017.... knowing that I wanted an actual rust free truck I knew it was time to dig as deep as I needed to get new metal where ever cancer was hiding. Thankfully all I had to replace were both outer rockers, one inner rocker, 2 lower kick panel patches, and 2 small sections of the floorboard. Still not too bad compared to most trucks I see.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote