View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #33
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
I like the coys. And does Mr Coy show up there every year? Kinda cool you got to buy wheels from him at pates!
Thanks. I didn't ask him. His sons were there working the show also. He had multiple brands of wheels already mounted on tires stacked up for sale. I was torn between a set of Rocket Mags, Torque Thrusts in chrome, Ridlers 695 in chrome, and the Coys. Mr Coy gave me his personal viewpoint from the manufacturers perspective. Ridlers were absolute junk (by far the cheapest), Torque thrusts and Rockets were strong wheels but only chromed on the front side, and the Coy's were strong and chromed on both sides. In addition to that, his center caps are chromed aluminum and screw on, as opposed to the rest, which mostly all use a plastic chromed center cap. Of course he would want to sell his own product but after a personal inspection of all the options right there in front of me, I went with the Coy's for the reasons he mentioned. He also talked to me about the problems he had in earlier years with chrome peeling, and the internet trolls exacerbating the problems that were legit. He was a straight shooter in my eyes and I really have enjoyed the wheels thus far... no regerts.

If I'm wrong on any of this I'm open to a wheel or product education.

First pic is a Rocket Mag wheel
Second is a Ridler 695
Third is the Torq Thurst II
Pic with giant tires mounted are the Coy's
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote