View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #20
DM72C20

Re: 72 C20 LS Swap/Build

Minor updates to the build.

I had planned to get my radiator modified to use for the swap by changing an inlet size and adding a steam port. The shop I took it to tested it and it was leaking all over the place, so there is no sense in trying to repair it. Looking at potentially ordering a rad and fans from a 2011 Camaro which are close in size and would run around $520CDN delivered to Canada. Cold Case was recommended but that would be upwards of $800CDN before shipping. Cost and reliability are the key issues for me - I don't care what it looks like so long as it keeps the engine cool and running.

My gas tank has been stranded in Buffalo since the lockdown began with no end in sight to the border closure. Hopefully I am able to get it shipped across the border at some point to keep things moving. I will be installing the 09 fuel pump module in a 72 tank under the bed.

We started a bit of wiring. Removed the pins related to AC since I am not running it. Keeping the stock 09 fuel pump, evap canister, o2 sensors and cats, so things are fairly stock and very little to remove.

I'm thinking I might go with HPtuners to be able to remove VATS and then potentially play around with tuning stuff. I'm pretty savvy at computer stuff but have no experience with tuning yet. Hopefully it's fun to mess around with.

Any opinions on this stuff is appreciated.
DM72C20 is offline   Reply With Quote