View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #18
phillipm

Re: "SBS Formula" Series 62 Wheels don't fit my 2wd blazer?

Just to continue this thread so anyone looking in the future knows what I did.

Now that I'm using the 4.25" BS front wheels, the inner lip hits the tie rod end. So, I'm running a 5/16" wheel spacer. 1/4" can probably be used but the little extra space is nice.

Now that the spacers are on the wheel studs are too short. I spent 2 days looking around at Dorman, ARP, Baer, Moser and all the other big boys only to not find what I really wanted. I wanted a 1/2" 20 stud with the proper .62" knurl and the correct length shoulder to fully support the stud. I don't know if this was really necessary however I finally found what I was looking for in some trailer studs. These are grade 8 studs and spec'd out for 7k lbs trailer axles in a 6 lug pattern. The 5 lug pattern will lower their capability some but they should still be way strong enough.

I bought these at my local distributor for about $1 each, so they are economical too! These studs have a 2" UHL so they are also the perfect length for anything up to a 3/8" spacer.
http://dexteraxle.com/inc/sdetail/6676/1161

You will see that the chamfer does come down into the wheel mounting surface some but sine the wheel spacer has a 5/8" hole it dosn't cause any issue.

phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote