View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #20
MadRatt

Re: Idles high after going from park to gear and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
I will be watching this thread for any new posts or WinALDL data.

If I come up with a new theory I will post it.
Hey Chevy Tech,
Sorry it has been a minute since I posted an update. Got my bluetooth cable and it works great with ALDLDroid. But it only does basic live read data logs. Which I could send you just don't know if you'll be able to see them if you're not running ALDLDroid. I am trying to figure out how to use it with Tunerpro. Will you be able to look at a tunerPro data file? You asked about system voltage and It seems good. I have also put new injectors and a Jet 6pack prom upgrade in since last posting to no avail. I'm at my witts end here. Not sure where else or what else to try. I am unable to set my base idle in drive to 750rpms and 5-30 counts on the IAC with out needing 2 feet on the brake peddle and then back to park it soars to over 2000rpms even if I cycle the key. I'm starting to think that there is something overloading the engine to make it idle down so far at first shift to drive. Maybe converters to tight? It seems to drive as it should once your rolling. No lugging or over reving or staggered shifting so the converter seems fine but maybe at idle its wrong. With the Idle set in PARK to be 750rpms and 20 IAC counts. IF I unplug the IAC while its shut (0). When I shift to drive it luggs down to 450-500 rpms. Now that didn't seem to bad but when It's supposed to be 750RPMS and the IAC counts under 30 there is no way the IAC is going to only open 10 counts or less to achieve the proper in gear idle. So is my rpm drop from park to gear only supposed to drop maybe 100rpms? if so what's causing the load? And that still doesn't explain why when I go back to park it doesn't correct for the high RPMs. These ecu's are dumber than I'm used to. In my opinion there should be some type of code set with any of these things happening.
Thanx in advance for any Input you may have.

My 64 Stepper Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=586792
MadRatt is offline   Reply With Quote