View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 08:05 AM   #261
SBTork
Garage wrench

Re: Budget Build 1985 K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy View Post
Getting closer. Chasing some small gremlins at the moment. The biggest one is the retro sound radio will get real bad RFI at times on FM but Bluetooth works fine? Shut it off and then turn it back on and it is good for a while. I swapped out the alternator with a junk yard one I had laying around and no change. I am thinking that there is something wrong with the radio.

I am trying to get this thing done by the end of the month and drive it to the squarebody farm show in Indiana. Not sure I am going to make it!

Did you get the radio issue figured out? The reason I ask is that the last 3 squares I've owned, my '85 C-10 Suburban, '83 K5 Blazer, and '90 GMC Suburban have all shared the same issue. The only thing that fixed it finally was on my '85 Suburban, I rewired where the radio gets it's power from on the fuse block. It had an aftermarket head unit, the other 2 had stock radios. I've never heard of others having similar issues but that may be the source of yours unless you've already figured it out and it's something else.

Either which way, your "budget build" is way awesome, great work man!

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote