Thread: 47-59 1950 3600/S-10-LS swap
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 05:17 AM   #20
scott123

Re: 1950 3600/S-10-LS swap

I pulled the bed off yesterday. I will get some pics. It was close to a 1/2 day for two people to remove the bed. I have to give a shout out to either the previous owner or the person who put this truck together. I deeply apologize for all the hurtful things I said yesterday. LOL

This person built what has to be one of the only uni-body 1950 model 3600 trucks on the planet.

When I first bought it I noticed the running boards were welded to both the front and back fenders. I am not sure why because they are still bolted to their supports. As I started to look for bolts to take apart/unbolt remove the bed there were none. Maybe the only bolts left are holding the fenders to the side panels.

The filler panels are welded to the running boards as well as to the side rails and to the rear fenders. The best part is that it was not just tack welds. They filled what would be normal gaps with weld.

But so it goes. As the day went on, I was just hoping to find at least one place where a bolt and nut was used.

Then there is the rear frame and the rear end install. I have done some stuff and seen some stuff, and even rode in that stuff.....but this stuff I doubt anyone would take the chance. Pics to follow.

A part of the journey I suppose.

Scott
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote