Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #122
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

No luck yet with re-tuning the PCM. My brother is going to bring over his tech 2 so we can figure out what's causing the misfire and go from there, but the emissions stuff will probably just stay the way it is for a bit. I'm not worried about inspection because as far as they know the truck doesn't have an obd2 port so I'll just tuck it away.

For brakes, I ended up replacing just about everything. The pedal was sinking which I thought would be the m/c but I didn't see any fluid leaking into the booster and we used a handy cam-on-a-stick to check inside the booster and it was dry. Replaced all of the drums, shoes, and hardware but it still didn't help. Finally realized that my m/c is a dual and it was leaking from one side to the other, not into the booster. Picked up a reman m/c from autozone and everything is working great now. Still think I have a bit of air in the lines and the shoes could use a bit of adjusting, but at least I can stop now and it uses all four brakes not just the fronts haha.

Also, found out that when my exhaust guys welded in the new setup they let the rear rubber line just lay on one side of the exhaust pipe... haven't gotten to it yet, but I bought a replacement hose that I'll tie back a bit. I know I can't tie it too tight because the axle moves and the line needs to flex with it, but touching the exhaust is just not going to work.

All in all, some decent progress. Always wish I had more money to throw at it, but its definitely getting there.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote