View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #13
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Re: 1964 c10 Aux. cooling/helper fan.

Gotcha...I would try to mount the fan to the driverside in between the cross bars if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
I dont have a stock fan to put on the engine.

The radiator is a brand new brass/copper radiator from National Parts Depot. It measures 17-3/8"x 24-3/4"x 2" 3-Row.
The electric fan I bought is 16" diameter rated at 1550 CFM.
I thought about offsetting the fan around the brace and is still an idea. A friend of mine suggested drilling out the crossbrace factory rivets and adding metal spacers underneath the crossbrace mounts and then bolting it back together. I have a bunch of steel sleeve material with a good size wall thickness that will accomadate 5/16" or 3/8" bolts. I also have boxes and buckets of 5/16" and 3/8" Grade 8 Bolts,nuts, washers, lock washers. All kinds of lengths of bolts. Plus I got feet of all thread rod in both sizes.if worse came worse I can mig weld it to the core support with the spacers to clear the fan.
I guess what will determine the end result will be how much of a fight it puts up. If I get frustrated trying to offset mount it, I'm gonna drill out the rivets and relocate the brace further away from the core support to clear the fan then bolt it back together and if that isn't stiff enough, then I'll bust out the welder. Then spray paint it to blend it all in. Sound good?
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote