View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #255
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Riddle me this............long story, but my temp. sender is in the RH head. I heard it was supposed to be the LH head, so I tried removing the plug from the LH head unsuccessfully, it's ceased and I figured it wasn't worth risking damage, so the RH head it is.

So I asked the vendor to request a provision for it. I received the harness, turns out these aren't custom harnesses really, they're standard per their design and that's what you get. They throw in various options into their harnesses for gauge or lights, and apparently provide for original, even if that means TCS if you care to order the harness.

At any rate, I double checked with the distributor for the GAUGE sender wire thinking their harness was for a TCS temp sender I know little about. He says it's absolutely for temp. gauge or light and they didn't alter the harness at all. So if the temp. sender is supposed to be on the LH head, why would the wire for it run to the RH side through the gutter?

Works out well right, but what the heck? Seems to me temp. to gauge or light IS supposed to be on the RH head. That said (cough!), the wire runs from the RH side to the LH head on my C20 Behind the block and over the intake & that. I don't know the history but it's seen plenty of changes previous owners. My project truck was changed along the way so can't speak for it. That and the valve cover clip they installed on the new harness implies LH head......ha!

Odd configuration if the gauge temp. sender is supposed to be LH head. Beyond their clip the harness fits better with the sender on the right.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-15-2021 at 10:36 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote