View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 09:48 PM   #273
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Me too and me yours, we're close in the scheme of things. And yeah children will do that. Hot August this weekend, I'm going to check it out, with luck find some bumpers.

Now my RANT. I'm not going to mention any names, but it sounds just like Vintage Air, out of Florida Subject to change pending their attitudes. I sent this stuff to them heck I don't know, April or May. Seen worse response time for sure, but DANG IT ANYHOW. I quizzed them many times on their finishes, and every time they assured me yeah, we do a bang-up restoration job, automotive paint yadda yadda. In my opinion it is an automotive paint, though I'll bet it's a one shot primer paint mix, and judging by the big runs in one spot it's heavy. Other than what's pointed out in these pictures the finish looks nice.

Problem becomes they packed the compressor in two BIG boxes, protected the bottom & top and nothing on the sides, so of course the compressor punched through, both boxes. As for the dryer, neat, they put it in a plastic bag. Doesn't matter when it's in a box packed loose with the PAO, Expansion and hoses.

$1400ish for those parts mentioned, with shipping both ways. Not a chance man, I'll see what their response is, but I'm sending the dryer and compressor back, clear across the USA again, do it right. I have doubts any of the painters I use would take interest, and it wouldn't come cheap if they did. But assuming otherwise, beyond ports and the terminal, can anyone think of a reason the balance can't be blasted & painted? My concern is where it rotates. They saved the label, surprised to see that. I'd rather add the new one anyway, though the old one isn't too shabby.

Oh yeah, I have in writing original fit condenser. In their confusion they planned to send a universal, I said stop and the gal was supposed to ask for an alternative and call me back. So what do they do? Send it anyway. Not paying for that either, their customer service is garbage, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 08-05-2021 at 09:56 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote