View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #40
addicted2dunes
Insane In The Membrane

Re: Yet another GMC build

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
I've been roughing in the cowl once I got the louvers removed and smoothed. Got to tell you it sucks. It's still not where I want it after 4 hours of trying to finish it with bondo. It's curved on two different planes and hard to sand with any conventional sander. You get one area right and you've taken too much out somewhere else. I've also been reworking the dash some more. I don't want a full length console to the floor and needed a better spot to mount things in the dash so I cut it, moved it over 9.5 inches and filled the hole. Made some paper templates of vintage air louvers and controls and looks good. Still need to build something to hold a stereo (maybe like what CAL58GMC has). Also been working on making the bed at least sort of straight. The more I work on it the less I start to care. I mean it IS a truck bed...but I'm sure the perfectionist in me won't let me do that in the end. Bodywork just SUCKS.
I don't know about your placement of stuff there on the dash..... looks too much like a face to me!
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote