View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #22
texascowboy593

Re: Project "Tracy Lee" 59 Apache

Hey b. sharp, send a PM to Jimbo59 that way it gets directly to him. His 'puter will notify him of a new PM. You probably will get a faster answer from him that way...Just a friendly FYI..

Now, "On With the Show"...
I put my new Harbor Freight DA sander to good use yesterday. The top portions of the truck (top of fenders, bed rails, roof etc.) are as cracked up as the ground in a dry lake. It took awhile to get it pretty smooth. I also took off the side mirrors on both doors and filled the holes left behind. those patches still need smoothing out. The interior has for the most part been totally stripped clean. Still need to pull the steering column. I need to get the "smooth dash" panel mig welded in place but I'm not a welder and my pal doesn't have a mig welder and has never mig welded before... The guy he had lined up to come out and do it yesterday fell thru I also figured out I'll need a lower patch panel for the driver side door.

Now, The paint poll...
I have two options about paint that I need opinions on:

1) A friend of mine has connections. He can get me Sherwin Williams auto paint complete with primer, reducer, hardner, clearcoat. Everything included for approx $580-$590. Thats their "top of the line" stuff. Is it a good deal?

2) Im looking into Auto-Air Colors brand paint. It is supposedly a lot more "user friendly". You can pour it directly from the can into your gun. NO mixing required.They have a Pearl Turquoise already mixed and I think that would look pretty sweet. I don't know the cost yet. Hope to call a distrubitor Monday for info. How does this option sound?

Sorry guys no pics of the progress today. Forgot to take camera this time around. Will post pics next weekend for sure!

BTW, I didn't get around to the Blazer tank this time. Hope to pull it out and take initial measurements Saturday! Later, James
2014 Dodge Durango (Wife-mobile)
2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition (Daily driver)
texascowboy593 is offline   Reply With Quote