View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 11:18 AM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I initially thought I’d be able to “restore this truck” to the tune of 18K☺ 70-75K dollars and many thousands of hours later it should roll about July 2022. I got into the game 6-7 years ago when nice OEM parts were still somewhat plentiful. That’s not so much the case anymore, timing is everything. But I’m unlucky to be wrapping this up under a COVID economy. Things that would otherwise take months have taken over a year, and as of this writing 3/27/22, I still need glass.

Name:  Finished Center Dash Panel.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  39.7 KB

I even bought a truck for my truck. It’s in a rough & rusty state, but somehow proved a great resource of rare detailed parts when in needed them, a match made in heaven. I’m lucky that way sometimes, even the license plate reads 400 like the badges on said donor, how’d that happen?

I’m developing a manual & kit for how to build a GM from the ground up as well. My long & former profession lent itself to authoring it, but I’d say this is my best work. The difficult part was I did not know what most of the parts were called; and everything I handled was a new experience. The manual is an accumulation of details one won’t find elsewhere, and the process written in engineering format to the 5th grade level, so to speak. It’s straight forward in other terms, and just doesn’t ramble on like I do☺; it should finish at 80-83 pages.

Name:  Reinstalled paint divider seperator (1).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  22.9 KB

The body & painter for this truck was a god-send, I honestly couldn’t have done this without him. He’s excellent; as meticulous as they come, and he’s has taken this project to heart. He’s done far more than body & paint; he led the dry run and molding placements too. During the dry-run we discovered the truck had been approx. T-boned. Just the RH door fitment required five hours of his attention and my moral support, a bent A-pillar will do that. Thanks to Josh, the door fits better than new.
I look forward to the end of this project, once in a life-time was enough, and I wouldn’t do this again if paid. I’m sure glad to have had the opportunity though; things just fall into place sometimes, this truck is now a family heirloom. Closing this will become another major chapter experienced during my life of late. Over the last four years I retired, divorced, and I lost so many. I saw colors in others for far too long we can all live without, and now am able to do that. COVID chaos meant nothing to me compared to what I experienced in 2019-2021. But blessings remain high, my children are GREAT, I have my health & options, and a new gal too. She’s a real red-head, that’s new to me as well, oh my!

Name:  RH Door.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  46.9 KB
Name:  Finished Tailgate.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  37.3 KB
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote