View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 03:42 PM   #8
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Ha - Is this the electrical I have to look forward to?

I'm cutting the yellow wire to the starter unless someone talks me out of it, soon Thing is the harness distributor says connect to "R" regardless due something or another voltage. Pretty sure I mentioned this install had a mini starter, and their harness is for both HEI or points. Not sure why he'd say that, maybe he figured I was using an original starter. Seems to be the circuit is dead anyway without a starter coil, though I'm pretty green to it.

Far as I know there's no such thing as a GM mini starter with an "R" terminal, I think those came with HEI or soon after? "Points are pointless" same with a B/A starter in some opinions.

Poll, I only need one

A. Cut it & provisions
B. Put it somewhere?
C. A
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote