View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #18
incoma

Again - Krue with a FAQ!! (How many times have I said that!!)

I agree with the ziplock bags and sharpie. I went that route one mine and it helped tremendously. I also took lots of pictures and it helped a bunch too. One thing that I haven't read yet (but kinda implied in a few replies) take the truck apart in sections. I removed bed, cab (with all guts) and front clip. Then I restored the entire chassis/suspension. Then when that was finished, I started the bed, cab and front clip. After 4 months at the body shop, I was amazed at how much I forgot where stuff went. The pictures and bags were invaluable.

Also, with this method, you have "stages" like some of the guys referred to. I was making awesome progress until the body went back on the chassis, then I got overwhelmed. I've finally got the dash and interior back in (well 80% of it) and now I'm focusing on the engine and engine compartment. If I don't focus on one section, I wind up spending 8 hours out in the garage just piddling from one thing to another and come back inside without anything accomplished.

Now, I have been keeping a log of the time spent on the project, and total cost. I plan on posting all of the info when I get a bit closer. I thought it would be cool to see how long this one took, and do another and how long that one takes... enough rambling for now..thanks for reading.