View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #133
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Some modest progress to report on the wagon. The body shell is completely gutted and ready to transport to RSI for stripping and e-coating. I removed the roof braces at the B and C pillars in order to remove the factory sound deadener. Will weld it back in after putting in new thermal/sound barrier. We weren't too far from RSI earlier this week when we dropped off the roof line, belt line and windshield stainless at Vintage Vehicles. They will restore it to better than new condition. Plus they'll modify the new lower rear quarter stainless to provide added clearance for the trailing edge of the suicide door.

We decided to hand deliver the stainless since Kathy wanted to go on a road trip before she starts chemotherapy. We found out last week that due to the grade and size of her tumor, chemo will be required after all. She has her first of four treatments next week. Hated the news but understand the rationale. If all goes like they say, she should bounce back after a week or two, so maybe we can schedule a trip to RSI between treatments. We'll see.

One of the tri-five members suggested using an air file to put the rectangular holes needed for the crown molding clips. It works great as you can see from the photos. I found some small square files on eBay but had to wait about three weeks for them to arrive from Britain. Impressive quality files for not a lot of $$ I have to say.

I'm waiting for the rear driver side floor patch panel to arrive. I've decided to install it prior to having the body stripped and coated. Will post up some photos when finished. Mostly (between doctor visits) I've been cleaning parts in the solvent tank and blast cabinet. Not very glamorous stuff, but necessary.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote