View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #628
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

TIMED TARGETS……..

WHY do we do it to ourselves…….. ??

I had really hoped to make it to a specific point in this build before the end of 2021.

A massive thank you once again to everyone who has added, contributed and built this car, yes it sounds like a broken record, but I prefer not to take things for granted.

So part two of today was to make up a lifting mechanism that would allow me to lift the Rezin Rockit body and set it down on the chassis once the engine had been put in place and the engine and gearbox mounts are made up.

You may recall that Nigel @alpina99 had dropped off a rolling gantry to add my old restored bock and tackle to to use on the front rail of the carport, which was part of the planning and build during our first COVID-19 Lockdown.

Well, my mind was blown by just how featherlight it feels in action, with a load added to it.

Just amazing.

So the first thing to make was a cross brace (not sure what to call this piece)

Then trying it out.

Raising it, I needed to find some balance, so added a tyre to the rear to balance it all.

Calling Doc and Marty.

And you said Pigs won’t fly.

Gently does it, Perfectly.

That will make checking the fit once the engine and gearbox are in place, a lot easier.

Really chuffed at this point.

And then……….

One of the best pics all day.

Just how cool is this fit of the steel wheels?

Spacers in place, new, wider tyres fitted.

I am so chuffed right now.

Onwards (In the words of @pauly )
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote