View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #25
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Once back together we started making plans for a 2,000 + mile road trip to California in the truck. Although the bench seat was beautiful, it didn’t offer enough support for someone with chronic back trouble. Recaro seats were installed and were very comfortable – at first:

And Old Air A/C was installed, and a pet bed was set up in between the seats (not shown) for our dog who made the trip with us:

Along the way we stopped at Mt. Shasta for a photo op:

And in Fremont to get a shot together with our sons 63 Chevy:

Thankfully there were absolutely no mechanical issues on the trip. It was just fun and we received a lot of compliments from people surprised to see something so old so far from home.

Back home, snow tires were mounted on stock wheels in preparation for winter. I also thought it looked pretty cool with black wheels and tires.

About this time the grille and bumper needed to be repainted, and for no reason I can remember I decided it might be interesting to do it all in black. The bumpers, grille and letters were powder coated. Black GMC letters turned out to look really stupid, so I replaced them with a 1950 Plymouth bumper guard center bar.

And right after this is finally found a 62-66 Chevy hood worth buying. It had no rust whatsoever, but had a lot of very tiny dings and dents needing attention:

Last edited by markeb01; 10-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote