View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Ta2Don

Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build...

Hello everyone, found this forum when I began searching for an early 60's truck to add to the family. My current DD is a 90 Silverado Short Fleetside and I 've always loved the 60's GM trucks, owned a '61 GMC Short Fleetside in the mid 80's and regretted selling it... Finally decided it was time to return to my generation, I was built in 60 so...
In March, I considered buying a 60 apache off of a friend, fellow Tattoo Artist, but after an in-depth inspection along with research completed on this forum and price considerations, I decided to pass and found my 65 SWB Step side through another acquaintance. Truck had previously been gone over, PO had 350 and Turbo 350 tranny installed, '91 Burb buckets, and used a HIDEOUS black with rainbow metal flake paint throughout engine bay and various interior accents. Purchased the c10, minus engine, in April and immediately began the process of making the truck mine.
Been hemming and hawing over starting this thread, Thanks to Icewatercarter for getting me motivated to finally do this. I've posted replies and pics on the "What Did You Do To Your Truck Today" thread, and have finally stepped over the edge (so to speak)...
Over the course of the coming week I plan on bring this thread up to date, here are pics of the truck the day it was delivered...
Attached Images

Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote