View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #2
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Now you're ready to lay the gauges in. if you haven't opened up the openings in the green plate, you'll need to do it now. You will also have to remove some of the green piece where the lip was that rolled over the Bezel. This plate sits Over the larger gauges, and makes the edge stick out about 3/4" too much. I measured with a set of metal dividers the distance the piece was going to sip inside of the Outside metal retainer. And cut that amount off of the edge.( you'll see what I mean when you get here.) Just be sure to leave enough metal that when you Bolt the Outside piece on to the back, It seats down "TIGHT" against the outer edge of this green piece!!

Next you will have to get the back metal plate ready to slip over the gauges. This piece is what will hold the gauges tight into place.

There are plates that unbolt behind the Fuel Level Gauge, And the four small gauges at the bottom, ( or where 4 gauges can go) The back of where the speedometer went/goes and the part where the center gauge will go needs to be removed. This is a trial and fit step. And it depends on how neat you want the back to look, at how much time you're going to spend. I removed more then I needed to behind the speedo.

The next step is to lay the back plate on and bolt it to the Bezel.

Attached Images

Last edited by RON WOODGEARD; 03-21-2005 at 08:24 AM.