View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Re: Project: No Name

Fast forward to a few months later, maybe longer, it's all been a blur. A friend of my wife's has a '72 that he just put bags on. He had a set of 3"/5" springs that he wanted to get rid of. So I took them off his hands for really cheap. I bought a set of stock height spindles off the board, and started saving up time and money to piece together all the parts I needed to convert to 71-72 front disks. I went back and forth 9 or 10 times trying to decide between 5 or 6 lug. Time and money said 6 lug since I was having no luck finding a 5 lug rear in my price range. So i ordered up the 6 lug disk brake hardware kit from CPPJEFF. I worked out perfectly.

I got everything up to the spindles on and ran in to a snag. For some reason, and I still don't know why, the spindles and lower A-arms would interfere at the steering stop. And not is a good way. I would have to make a 5 point turn just to turn a street corner.

So it was time for the grinder to come out, and a little help from the welder at work. I chopped down the steering stop and moved it in just to box up the bump stop bracket. Here's a few pics of the before and after..

before..

after..(not really this is the opposite side of the other pic)

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote