View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Re: Project: No Name

After I got all that squared away, I ran in to another problem. The calipers that came in the CPP disk kit were different.

Not too worry I called up CPPJEFF and explained the issue I was having. They sent out a new caliper and by time the weekend rolled in it was here and waiting for me to install.

I got everything installed and brakes bleed, for now, and sitting back all fours after 2 years of sitting in the garage on jack stands. I told you things move slow at the Thomsen reidents. Well took it for a short drive just to test everything out and it rode and drove great. It needs an alignment and shocks up front, but hey, for no shocks or alignment it drove great. Here'a a pic after a drove it out of the driveway and around the corner for a photo op. The front has the 3" springs and the rear has the stock springs I got from Lolofe99.

And tucked back in, to wait for another day.

And here's a better comparison front to rear. 15x7 rims and 235/75/15 all the way around. I'd say there's a lot of real estate in those fenders.

Front..

Rear..

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote