View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #82
88Stanger

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyjones View Post
Thank you!

Started on the passenger side and it’s more of the same. I did poke around up by the visor a little bit and it’s bad in that corner but seems solid everywhere else. I guess I’ll figure that out later.
I got you for the roof panel Metal.... PM sent to you.
This is looking great! I so feel your pain on the rust repair. i am such a perfectionist at times and damn that can drive a guy crazy. I can get to that point where i just say screw it, i am done, it is fine the way it is.... but then down the road a few days or weeks i get so mad at myself for not just doing it the way i really wanted to ... so i have learned to just take a few days off, do something different, work on house, shop cleaning, 7 week old Boston Terrier puppy (Girl).... this helps me to re-adjust my ideas and get back at the repair.
I am basically done with all the rust repair, now it is body work. Might as well be the same damn thing as rust repair. LOL
I am doing the body work on the cab now so i can get the floor seam sealed, along with the roof drip rail, then i can primer the cab, and get the firewall painted with POR 15 along with the cab floor, then install the sound deadner and finally test fit onto the frame again, for one last check and then paint. I see you mentioned painting earlier... I am like you in that i am not going to perfection on the body, Lord knows i am not perfect even as much as i try to be, so i am good with not perfect but nice. I have purchased Summit satin red single stage paint along with Primer to the truck. Total paint not including yours truely time, under 800.00, which is a awesome compared to the $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 i see guys paying for paint. I cannot do that... i would not drive it and if someone scratched it..... anyways.... looking great sir!! Nice to see trucks from nearby, one day we shall meet up.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote