View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 09:09 PM   #24
Asshat

Re: 60-66 Tail Light Gas Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT65 View Post
Correct on the fillernecksupply……lots of newer vehicles don’t use fuel caps, everything still vents, odor or not, they have a spring loaded cap and nothing twist on, find one of those. The fuel cell foam would work similar to the spring loaded one as it gets compressed into the neck, or I see one of the kits uses a boat style cap, it still has a vent somewhere, charcoal canister I would seriously doubt. Did your stock tank smell up the garage with vapors? Mine didn’t, to my knowledge there isn’t a hot rod or classic car or truck that is built EPA compliant, all those power train packages that GM sells complete with cats and computer, still vent the fuel tank to the atmosphere…your call, enjoy the project…
I do not get any fuel smell with the truck in the garage - stock tank.

I'm definitely not concerned with EPA stuff; I just want to be sure I don't get the gas smell and I want to be sure the tank is vented properly, to avoid pressure building up.

So. I'm thinking I would use my filler neck tube and add a port to the top that vents to the fill side on the tank. This semms alittle easier than spending $60 on a fill tube.

The think that really bugs me is the price of the 1-1/2" filler tube hose.