View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 10:04 PM   #25
65ChevyUtah

Re: 60-66 Tail Light Gas Filler

So I received the kit yesterday but the instructions are incomplete. I emailed c10crewcab and he replied back he is modifying the instructions and will email them over to tomorrow.

After looking at the kit it’s going to require a pretty good amount of time to remove the inner part of the stake pocket. I am hoping it won’t jeopardize the structural integrity of the bed by cutting it out. It does say on the website this isn’t a 1 hour job and requires some fabricating skills but this looks pretty intense. I am not a rookie fabricator but it’s gonna be tough cutting in such tight spaces. I am hoping the new instructions tell me what tools he used to cut it out. I’ll post an update with the instructions.

I am also worried a little about fuel flow since the fuel
Hose will be pretty much flat for about 18” before dropping into the tank. I wish they would have shown the whole install in their promo videos and in the picture.

If anyone is considering getting this kit you might hold off for a bit until a few of us have actually got it installed successfully and the instructions are updated.
65ChevyUtah is offline   Reply With Quote