View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #6
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: off topic a little, maybe but how do you have the energy

How is your weight/eating habbits?

I recently turned 40, work 45-50 hours per week on average, have a wife that works 3 days/wk, and a little 4 month old. A couple months ago I found myself feeling exhausted and "dead". I let myself get up over 210 lbs (I'm normally in the 185-190 range). I was also going through a 15 pack of soda every 4-5 days (I was using it to get through 12-15 hour work days). About 6 weeks ago I quit the soda (crap was that hard) and do 25 minute video work outs 4-5x per week. I've lost about 5 lbs so far, but I have SOOOOO much more energy than I did a couple months ago. I'm sleeping more regularly too. I'm already eating less because I'm just not as hungry. 2 of the guys working out in the videos are 45+.

You don't have to reply with your situation, but something to think about. I know it takes time, but we always find a way to make time for the things we think are the most imporatant. Replace a TV show with workout time

The other thing I've had to accept is I can't do it all anymore, nor anywhere near as fast as I used to be able to. I actually haven't done any "car stuff" in almost 2 years because I started a massive shop build. It's already $ enough, and I don't have the $ to pay someone to do it, so I've pretty much built this entire 28x52 shop myself aside from dirt/concrete, and wiring. The goal was to have it done in 12-15 months, well, 18 months in and I'm far from finished. But it will get done.

The other thing is to not have "too many" projects. I have a running/driving 67 C10 and 65 Mustang and a 68 Firbird non running project car. I don't know how/why some people have 15 project vehicles and maybe only a couple (or none) that run. My dad is actually one of "those people" and as well as I know him, he'll drag something else home and push whatever he was working on outside nowhere near finished, he's still doing this at 58. I've never understood.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote