View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #23
drewbert41

Re: off topic a little, maybe but how do you have the energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys_MB View Post
I’ve been having this problem, too. I have two little ones (10 months and 3 years) and my wife works nights, so I get up at least 2x a night on average.

What works for ME is that I try to spend a minimum of 5 minutes in the garage when I get the time. Sometimes I just sweep, sometimes I rearrange a shelf, and sometimes I start a new project. The way I look at it is that you have to build up the energy and make it a habit to get to work on your time off. I’ve been doing this for two weeks and I already find myself going down to the garage rather than watching tv because I enjoy making progress. Even if I just rearrange my toolbox, it’s something that needed to get done.
This right here. I've got two young kids about the same age and it has been on the back burner for a long time. Asked for all HF gift cards for Christmas and bought and installed some shop lighting for my garage. Since then I have been going out there at night working on making room to fit the truck in there instead of relaxing after everyone goes to bed. It is cold as hell and staying up late caught up with me last night. Sometimes I go out there and just sit on the mower and visualize. Turning on tunes helps get me goin though. Sitting there thinking of stuff got me to get around to securing the garage and lighting it up like the sun and it is a lot more appealing to go out and do stuff now.

Hang in there op. Do something small that will make a difference in your motivation to be out there in the first place.

Edit: I have a 20x20 garage with a bunch of stuff in it already and a longbed truck to somehow fit in it. Looking at some of the build threads from people with small garages was motivating to make me figure out how to make mine work.

Last edited by drewbert41; 01-09-2021 at 05:07 PM.
drewbert41 is offline   Reply With Quote