View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:03 AM   #15
sawmilldmax

Re: My old 69 C-10 Duramax

Thanks guys. I am fortunate to have my Dad around at his age. He worked this truck until the 400 turbo gave up and I had it fixed and drove it a lot. It had a mixture of gas from the leaking gas cap and tobacco spit all down the driver's bed side. I haven't dynoed it yet but I plan to as well as drag racing it. My plan is to pull a trailer with my slicks and jack on it with my golfcart and change them at the track and drive it home. That big single hits pretty hard and causes my rear tires to live a rough life. It is a blast to drive and has five tunes to choose from . I put a Spa gauge in the hole where the cigarette lighter was that monitor the boost and exhaust temp. 40lbs or so of boost and egt at full throttle of 1100 or so. Dad served in Germany and they gave up as soon as he got there, and he lived through the Depression as sharecroppers with eight more siblings and no Father. He shows up at work every day and can give instructions from his Silverado like no other. I put this truck together as a tribute to him and his hard work. I will post a few more pics sometime as well as a video I tried to post. I have two more 72's with shortbed and factory big blocks, but this one is by far my favorite. The other two are white also and restored.
sawmilldmax is offline   Reply With Quote